We are now accepting applications for two positions in the Jim Hume Student Internship Program for the September to December 2010 term. The application deadline is 5pm (MDT) Friday August 20, 2010. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Two internship positions are available. The internships are open to current students and recent graduates (up to 18 months) of a Canadian post-secondary institution, with majors in economics and/or political science. Successful applicants will:
- Have advanced analytical, research and communication skills, and the ability to conduct research and analysis on major energy, environmental and economic challenges in the western Canadian context.
- Have a passion for public policy and be able to work collaboratively to develop robust, evidence based, and thoughtful public policy recommendations for the benefit of Canada.
The internship starts on September 8, 2010 and ends on December 23 2010 (16 weeks). The interns will work out of the Canada West Foundation’s Calgary office, will be paid $18/hour and will work 37.5 hours per week.
Please send the following items BY EMAIL to William Kimber with “FALL INTERNSHIP” in the subject line:
- cover letter outlining why you are interested in doing an internship at a public policy think tank, and how your capabilities fit the internship requirements above;
- resume, including awards and publications; and
- an unofficial transcript of your grades.
The program is designed to provide post-secondary students with a rewarding experience working at one of Canada’s leading public policy research institutes.
Posted by: Jason Azmier